Crop insurance is an integral part of the agriculture industry and a great risk management tool. There are many ways that farmers can benefit from having crop insurance, however, the products themselves can be confusing unless you have a knowledgeable agent to work with you through the process. Our agencies have served our surrounding communities for over 30 years. All of our crop insurance agents are knowledgeable and up-to-date on industry developments and revisions and will work with you to ensure you have the best possible coverage to suit your needs.
Private Hail Insurance
- Coverage on a Per Acre basis
- Elect an amount of desired coverage per acre.Example: $6,000/Acre
- Rates vary by Company, County, and Township
- 0-5% Min Loss before payable claim
- Insurance coverage period: Time fruit is set, until harvest.
Government Subsidized Multi-Peril Programs
- Apples, Pears and Grapes: Production based insurance. CAT (Catastrophic) 50% production and 55% price election, $300 per crop per county. Buy-Up, up to 75% Production and 100% price, prices vary. Sales Close November 20th for following crop year.
- Cherries: Revenue based insurance (Price Protection). Approved Revenue based on 4 year historical data. Coverage available from 50%-75% of Approved Revenue and Payment Factor from 67%-100%. CAT Not available on Cherries, prices vary. Sales Close November 20th.
- Whole Farm Revenue Protection (WFRP) – formally AGR: Revenue protection for one or more commodities. Based on your Schedule F Gross income from farm sales. Gross Revenue guarantee is based on 5 consecutive tax years. Cannot exceed liability coverage of $8.5 million. Coverage levels available from 65%-75%, up to 85% if 3+ commodities. Prices Vary. Sales Close March 15th.
When you work with VIP you will receive:
- Responsive customer service
- Precise GPS mapping, map books and wall maps
- Detailed spreadsheets with pertinent orchard data
- Quality adjusting staff
- GAP compliance coordination
- Access to coverage with preferred crop insurance companies, such as:
- Producers Agriculture (ProAg)
- Rual Community Insurance Service (RCIS)
- Hudson Crop
- Rain & Hail
- Great American
Contact us today so we can start working with you on the plan that’s best for you!